I was nominated by Ariana @ The Quirky Book Nerd for this blog award – thank you so much!
(Sorry there are so many of these lately – I’m trying to post them in between my reviews and other posts so that they’re evened out!)
– Thank the giver and link their blog in your post
– Answer the 3 original questions and then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
– Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees, I would like for you to think of the light emanating from the stars, the ones that truly touch your soul with their work. The ones that are the light for you; a true STARLIGHT Blogger
– Please pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
– Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions. Answer that first, then answer the 3 new questions from your nominator, and never change the Award rules.
– Please don’t delete this note: The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image, you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award. Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo”
The Original Questions…
If you could meet anyone from throughout history, who and why?
I honestly have no idea. You’d think that from having an interest in history I have an idea of who I’d want to see…
but nope. The only people I’ve thought I want to meet is Emma Watson, or authors of books I like. I mean, I read Pride and Prejudice and liked it a lot more than I thought I would, so maybe I’d go and meet Jane Austen?
What is your favourite book and why?
Just one? I have so many favourite books though! OK…I’ll go with The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, because I don’t think I’ve mentioned that on my blog as much as the others *cough**cough* Harry Potter/Throne of Glass/The Night Circus/Percy Jackson/ASOIAF/The Bone Season *cough*
This links back to my interest in History. The story is set in Germany, during the time of Hitler. I find it interesting to see how this is woven into the story. Also, the book is narrated by Death. Sounds morbid, I know. But surprisingly it’s not.I just think it’s a unique story, and it tugged on all the emotions.
Who is your favourite fiction character from any medium and why?
Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series. I can’t not say her. Since I was about 7 years old I wanted to be Hermione. She was just amazing – intelligent, stunning…and a witch! I remember when I was younger, I loved reading about how much she liked reading, because that meant I was a little bit like her. I also had the massive out-of-control hair (still do).
Other than that I’d say Aelin Galathynius from the Throne of Glass series. Now, anyone who isn’t up to date with this series won’t know who I’m talking about. But basically, she’s badass, takes care of herself and many other people, and again – can do magic.
Can you tell I just want to be able to do magic?
Do you prefer series or standalone novels?
Series. Mainly because my favourite genre is fantasy and nearly every single fantasy book out there is part of a series. I think out of all my favourite books, only 2 are standalones – that’s why there’s so many favourites!
Don’t get me wrong, I do love a good standalone because once you’ve read it, you’re done and can move on. But a series gives you something else to look forward too…however impatiently I wait for the next book!
If you could live in any fictional world, which one would it be and why?
Either of Sarah J Maas’ worlds. Erilea from the Throne of Glass series, or Prythian from the A Court Of Thorns And Roses series. Her way of describing worlds makes me want to go and live there. I don’t even care about the problems going on there, I’ll just explore and hope I don’t get in anyone’s way.
What book or series would you recommend to someone who says they don’t like to read, and why would you choose that book or series?
*Tries to think of answer that isn’t Harry Potter or Throne of Glass*
……….Maybe the Percy Jackson series? They’re short books and easy to read because they’re for a younger audience, but they’re still action-packed and funny.
(As always, I’ll link a page or post on their blog so they get a notification)
And my 3 questions are…
If you could have a pet from any book you’ve read, which would it be?
Have you ever cried at a book? If so, which?
What are 3 books you would recommend?
Come and visit me!